I started my summer capsule a couple of weeks ago and so far I’m absolutely loving it. Like I said in that post, I think I’m getting better at this whole ‘buying clothes that I actually like and that suit my lifestyle’ business with every capsule. Because I’m totally in love with everything I bought, I thought I’d do a little recap for you here:
1. Dress– when I wore this the other day, George said, ‘You look lovely, mummy’. (Enough said.) But seriously, it’s perfect for my day-to-day, because it’s long enough to stop me worrying about flashing people, but still summery enough for the season. Note: I just cannot pull off the buttoned-up-to-the-top look, so I wear it with the top few buttons undone.
2. Striped tee – I had a t-shirt like this when I was pregnant last year and I loved the wide stripes, so I was very excited when I spotted this in M&S.
3. Shirt – I’ve been obsessed with finding a short-sleeved stripey shirt after seeing them all over Pinterest – when I spotted this on on Instagram I snapped it up. It was a bit more than I would normally spend on a top, but you can definitely feel the quality – the cotton is so soft. See me wearing it here.
4. Shorts – I tried these on in H&M on a whim as I loved the idea of little black shorts. I wasn’t hopeful, because all the ones I had tried on previously looked hideous. However, the pleats at the front of these make them really flattering on the old mum tum/food belly and they’re super comfy.
5. Sandals – I usually buy my summer sandals from Primark, wear them all summer until they fall apart and then start again the next year. (Sometimes I feel like I would happily pay a bit more for Primark clothes to be better made – it’s so sad when you find something you love in there, only for it to disintegrate straight away). This year I’ve decided to go elsewhere, pay more and hope they they last a little longer.
6. White shirt – I’ve been on the lookout for a lovely white shirt since forever. This one is made from a lovely cotton that feels almost like linen – it’s nice and cool to wear as a cover-up when it’s hot.
7. Secret support vest – I wanted something strappy to wear when it’s hot so that I can get a bit of a tan. I kind of hate it when bra straps show under vests, but there’s no way I’m going bra-less, so this vest is perfect. (Fellow big-boobed ladies: this has got a proper bra underneath, so you’ll be well supported!)
What’s on your shopping list for summer?