Happy New Year! Are you feeling energised and ready to take on your resolutions? If so, this is really useful. Unfortunately, I feel no such vigour and vim as I am still deep in a Christmas haze. I’ve had two glorious weeks off, where we didn’t have to travel anywhere and just stayed at home watching films in front of the fire, drinking Snowballs, eating ham sandwiches and so. much. chocolate. In fact, I’m still a bit in denial about going back to work tomorrow and resolutions are not on my radar. Anyone else with me?
Anyway, here’s what I’ve been thinking about this week (apart from what to eat next):
1. It’s time to start eating vegetables again. I’ll be turning to some old favourites like this green smoothie, this amazing salad and this healthy chilli. I also love the look of these healthy lunches for work.
2. After everyone else in the world, Pete and I managed to squeeze in both series of The Fall over Christmas- so good! Obviously, it was a recommendation from Rose, she knows good TV. Speaking of being the last ones in the world, we also watched Frozen over Christmas *insert heart-eyed emoji*.
3. We also managed to sneak off to the cinema to see Night at the Museum 3. I guess I’m a bit of a nerd, but I love Night at the Museum and this time they’re at the British Museum! I thoroughly recommend it.
5. I’m always fantasising about moving to the country so I read this article on city versus country childhoods with interest. Although her childhood sounded idyllic, I actually loved growing up in the middle of Manchester, we still managed to plenty of adventures when we were young and it was brilliant once I was a teenager (70p a drink student nights anyone?) Which do you think is best?
6. I’ve also been fantasising about owning a camel coat after my friend came round looking very chic in hers. This one from ASOS is on sale!
I hope you make the most of this last Sunday before work begins in earnest. I’ll be watching TV and finishing off the Celebrations.