I’m not gonna lie: I am glad to be saying goodbye to this week for it has been an absolute shitter. I’ve always found the first couple of months of the year tough and it looks as though this year is going to be no exception. I did manage to squeeze in a little bit of fun though, including catching up with a friend I hadn’t seen in far too long to eat too much delicious food and partake in some grown-up colouring in. In addition to a week dominated by feeling cross – with flashes of lovely friend time – I also…
1. Loved this life lesson from Joanna Goddard. Remembering other people’s interior lives is always a good thing to do.
2. Was fascinated to think you you can follow these steps and fall in love with anyone.
4. Got access to NowTV and picked up from where I left off many years ago with Season 4 of Grey’s Anatomy. Dr Yang is still my everything, but man alive is McDreamy annoying – why does he whisper all the time? Also started Scandal again from the beginning after both my sister and Rachel started watching it. There’s nothing I enjoy more than the people I love watching the TV shows I love. (I’m reliably informed these are both also available on Amazon Prime).
6. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about forgotten English words – though I must say I am a frequent deployer of both ‘rapscallion’ and ‘mélange.’ Will be trying to incorporate ‘flapdoodle’ into my vocabulary, moving forward.
7. Picked up some sweet new kicks in the sale.
8. Recommended this moisturiser to anyone who mentioned they were struggling with even slightly spotty skin.
9. Properly fell for this foundation, even though I’ve actually had it for a month or so now. I’ve worn it every day, and I swear it was still on my face after a full game of netball.
10. Joined up with #TheList again and was excited to read our first ever shout-out from another blogger – thanks You Baby Me Mummy! We’ve only been doing these linkys for a few weeks, but we are really enjoying them so far – we’ve had loads (more than usual) of thoughtful and kind comments and found some little gems of blog posts as well.
Meanwhile, here on the blog, Nicky made the case for swimming as the sport of choice for super-heroes, Rachel shared her secret for getting make-up to last and I let you in on how I eat healthily at work.
How was your week? How do you turn a bad week into a good one? Let me know by leaving a comment below.